Friday 7 February 2014

The Art Sluts



I am posting this photo I got (among a lot of other things) from Carina because I think it will make Vizma laugh out loud. On the back of the card Carina writes:

" This is from the US-Congress Library. Free photo.
[We are the Artsluts]
From the left: Marie who is reading one of her beatnik poems! (of course!!) In the middle Vizma: in her own sewed costume & great life attitude!! Then to the right: Me!! (Carina) with an extreme bad hair day!"

What a laugh, Carina, what a great photo...

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes this is a historic photo indeed! In many ways. I just love how you hold your poem, Marie! Our clothes and hairstyles are unbeatable.Thank you for laughing / posting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAA! Carina definitely had the worst hair on that day!!! Where on earth were we going in those outfits???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visited here… been watching My beautiful Launderette, among other things but THIS is hilarious and I am laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we could share a good laugh, Rebecca. That photo was like tailor made. I think it can enter the who's got the best-bad hair day contest.
    I hope I didn't hype up that Laundrette too much and that it was still good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, loved it. It is of its time. Things have changed in England. I will be writing about your poem soon!

      Delete
  5. I just found this today. Funny:
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/feb/16/abba-outfits-tax-deduction-bjorn-ulvaeus

    ReplyDelete
  6. and this one:
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/gallery/2014/feb/17/abba-outfits-tax-in-pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. What a coincidence. Check the 1984 Art Sluts from Columbia MO. www.artsluts.net

    ReplyDelete