Thursday 6 February 2014

In broad daylight - I



I was curious to see what the city looks like in broad daylight when the neon lights don't hide the walls. Well, it's a bit like shouting to you we're ugly, so what!? (and we are proud of it too). Those are not the suburbs, by the way, this is the city centre. I still don't know why there are so many bamboo scaffolds around, the walls seem to be same old ones everywhere, no sign of the slightest fresh paint. 
It must be extremely hot in summer, each and every tiny room of the city is equipped with air conditioning (those boxes outside the windows). I mean every one. Even more than I have seen in japan.
All in all this was the best urban decay my camera has witnessed so far. A kind of urban decay paradise.






























2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable in an interesting way - it looks SO CROWDED and huge - I think this is the title of a new poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was huge indeed! And crowded too, you got it absolutely right. After coming back to Japan the air seemed like a fresh breeze, which we know it is not!

    ReplyDelete