Sunday 27 March 2016

Cat Café



I went to my first cat café the other day, Nekorobi in Ikebukuro, Tokyo. I took a day off on a Friday so it wasn't crowded, which is good. The café is quite nice. Well, it's not exactly a café per se, nobody comes and serves you drinks, but there is a free vending machine (yes, free!!) and you can have all sorts of beverages. You can also play cards, board games, watch YouTube or Hulu Japan on TV (maybe even sing karaoke? I don't know, I was too shy to ask but I really wanted to), do your Wii workout (who remembers those days?) or use the free WiFi while playing with the cats.
The twelve or so cats are beautiful, really well taken care of and most of them are... huuuuuuge. I have to say I was a little bit intimidated around them! Kudos on the owners to keep the place absolutely immaculate. I might go back to play with the black and white kitten with the funny moustache whose name I don't know. He was the cutest poupie ever.









































































2 comments:

  1. Yes, they have one in Paris too, but you don't have to wear a mask to go there.
    Anyway I get an allergic reaction to these criders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it like Kurt Vonnegut said, 'no damn cat, no damn cradle'? :-))

    ReplyDelete