Wednesday 20 November 2013

The Word on the Street

One thing I like about the US is that people who don't know each other start up a conversation much more easily than in other countries I know. Most of the time completely out of the blue. Here are are few things complete strangers told me in the streets of San Diego and San Francisco:


- Hi
- Hi


- Lucky you are unique. Like a snowflake.


- You do photos? I do photos too. You wanna see my photos? (opens the door of his garage…)


- Merci mademoiselle (guy selling Street Sheet).


- That guy?? That guy ain't my friend!! I need the money. I don't know that guy, he ain't my friend. You have to give the money to me!! He is a different guy, it's different! You give the money to me, it's different! (talking about the one selling Street Sheet a few meters away).


- How is everything today, madam? Are you having a good day? (smiling, friendly)
- Oh yes, great! It's very warm today isn't it?
- …………………..
- ………………….. (she probably didn't agree)


- How do you become smart. You cannot become smart!? .. Hey did you see the full moon yesterday? Awesome eh?


- Is there anything else you would like to have with your (grass fed beef) burger and your (eco-friendly) potatoes, madam? Organic ketchup?


- Hey can you do me a favor? Can you do me a favor? (aggressive looking, aggressive sounding guy wandering around without aim).
- errrrrrr, hmmmm…… errrrrrr……. No.
- Bitch.


- Go USC!!! (thumbs up)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Carina! I had fun writing it, remembering those people, a bit like going back there. Very happy you like it.

    ReplyDelete