Thursday 28 November 2013

The Californian Catch - Show and Tell (II)



Alrightie, let's finish unpacking that suitcase..

- Fabric bag painted with the same medium used for the gorgeous murals of the Mission district San Francisco, from Precita Eyes Muralists (no, Carina, you have already exceeded your bag quota this month).
:-))





- Photo folder made out of an authentic car number plate (San Diego). Very original, I love it.





- Secondhand vintage dress from Frock You (San Diego)





- Second (or third- or fourth-) hand knit top from Buffalo Exchange San Diego.
- 15X15cm Fabric squares for cyanotype print from the fantastic Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego.





- San Francisco vintage poster from the Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill, San Francisco.





- San Diego T-shirt
- Notebook and address book from .. errm, I can't remember where. 
- Communist notebook from Chinatown San Francisco. For my future communist poems. Just kidding.





- Cashmere flower power top from secondhand shop on Ashbury Haight San Francisco. It cannot get better than that.





- Paper mousepad 60 sheets and Tool Kit pencil case from Therapy (it truly is!) San Francisco.


Well well well, believe it or not, but this is it as far as the Show and Tell is concerned. All I'm thinking right now is ... wow. Maybe next time I should walk a bit less, this way I won't bump into so many great shops. 
Naah...

6 comments:

  1. The authentic car number plate is inspiring, but I think I already did a mail at piece with one. Yes, I agree, it's like that old communist poem; "a good trip can only be measured by the amount of crap you bring home." d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know that poem too? Very funny. I certainly am a member of THAT communist party. Lucky for me there is a max. baggage allowance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tool kit is brilliant!! "Engine-Exhaust-Eyebrows" etc.....Lawn!!! HAAAA! You are so lucky you bought that colour and not an orange one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, isn't it ridiculously funny? Who can resist buying that? Even if blue! (they didn't have orange) :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, you can never have too many bags, it's an investment! (what I tell myself) More nice finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carina, my mind is forever primed in the following way: bag -------> Carina

    ReplyDelete