Sunday 13 October 2013

Enoshima (1)



I have been to the island of Enoshima a few years ago and have very fond memories of the place, so I decided it was time to see it again, this time with my 85mm prime lens, as it has been lying there under a layer of dust for way too long.
Enoshima is close enough to Tokyo to make it a day trip, and small enough to explore on foot. Perfect.
A few warnings though:







Tsunamis and hawks then. And crunk, apparently. That's alright, I'll take the risk.




Another map of the neighbourhood. Ahaa, now at least it's clear!












Enoshima is definitely a resort area. And since this is Japan it needs its shrine(s), which makes it even more attractive for tourists. We are well into october but I almost fell for the cheap flip-flops. A whopping twenty-eight degrees!




Oh dear, what's that? Dried fish with sunglasses? Is this a scarecrow for crows or a scarecrow for the potential customers of that restaurant? Creepy.
More to come about Enoshima...

4 comments:

  1. I think that fish got his sunnies at the Victor Harbor op-shop where you got yours Marie! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed!! :-)) I was wearing them too! What a match....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the map, yes, it's a good one I agree!

    ReplyDelete