Sunday 16 March 2014

Welcome back breakfast



I was greeted with this special Latvian breakfast at Viz and Eeedie's mum right after landing in Adelaide airport where the three of them picked me up and we all went eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (of course we did).





It was really nice to see them again and to sit around that same table exactly one year after I first met them. Breakfast too was still delicious, as I remembered it was.  





Latvian bread, local cheeses (looooaaads!), veggies from the garden, ham, coffee, and special Latvian pīrāgi
Yummie!





11 comments:

  1. Hi Marie -- love this post. I'm a mail art pal of Vizma's.....that breakfast looks fabulous -- just my type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hi Pamela! Nice to see you here, I remember you from the mailbox. You would have liked that breakfast. And you probably would have liked all the other fantastic meals we had. Eeedie is such a great cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the memories and documentation are starting already!! I'm anxious and a bit scared to see what Marie will reveal about our lives on the farm! Someone might come and lock us away in the loony bin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dontcha worry, Sweat, we are all in the same bin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kangaroo ham or koala salami? I seen "Mad Max" three times I know EXACTLY what it's like there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minced Minx, you think you've seen it all but you haven't seen the start of it. Wait until you see eggs and bakie breakie. I'll keep that for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope mine breakfast is served in bed! d

    ReplyDelete
  8. d, breakfast in bed is so overrated. So easy to spill wine all over the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's right, who wants to eat alone in bed when there's always a party going on in the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete