Friday 21 March 2014

Heal me, John Waters



The day I landed in Adelaide movie director John Waters was in town to promote his new book at the Adelaide Writers' Week. When we reached campus after breakie we had just missed his talk, but we found out that he was having a book signing just 50 meters away. And there he was indeed.




You can't see it from those pictures but the queue was quite long and people were waiting for I would say half an hour before having the honour or having their copy of the book signed by Mr. Waters. This was of course too long for the Viz and her crotches crouches crutches (It all sounds the same in french).  But she's a big fan. How to do, how to do?





OK, I'm just going to blend into the background, I'm just passing, never mind me.




I'm still curious to see what he's up to, though. And what's that he's drinking? Beer? Man, I need a vodka right now.





Oh dear, where is everyone? What if he turned his head back? Uh-ho I can see the security people coming.





Oh what the heck, I'm barging in, can't wait any longer.




- John Waters, would you sign my crutch?
- Sure.

- Heal me (puts her hand on his shoulder)
- Yeah, Yeah (moves both hands forward towards her in a healing gesture)


(this conversation really happened, btw, too bad I cannot prove it with my pictures)








Happy!! Now let's go get this vodka!


4 comments:

  1. Lol. Great move and story! I hope the crutches are used only as decoration above the fireplace now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best blog ever. Imagine, John Waters, the prince of puke himself and my hero! Lucky you people. Good thing Viz was out of action. She might show up in his next film!
    Yes, you can google "prince of puke". I didn't make it up. d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaa, I think they might chop up the crutches for BBQ wood :-)
    Mother didn't like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! This is great!! I made John Waters laugh!! It's somewhere on video...we have the proof!!

    ReplyDelete