Wednesday 8 January 2014

La Misión (5) - Johnny Mariano



Interesting wall isn't it? This is inside Johnny's garage, which he opened for me when he saw me passing by with my camera in hand. You do photos? I do photos too. You wanna see my photos? 
:-o
When faced with this kind of situation it's easy to think oh dear where have I landed now and why oh why did I follow him to his garage, but after he successfully backed up each of his statements I felt quite comfortable chatting with him. Johnny is a veteran from the US Airforce (I saw old photos, and his car number plate cannot lie :-))), lived in Japan (he could name fairly remote places that I know do exist and he speaks Japanese way better than I do - checked), has traveled and photographed numerous places in South-East Asia, Polynesia, makes paper flowers (and recommended this website should you feel like getting stated with the craft: http://www.blisswonders.com), and is a collage artist (I have seen his latest work, not the ones on the wall, ehemm :-))). Plus he recommended and directed me to the muralist shop a bit further down the street, where I bought my favourite painted grocery bag. Johnny insisted I send him the portraits I took, which I did, so I hope he enjoyed the encounter as much as I did!









and before we go...



Free octopus tentacles? Yea OK why not. One never knows, it might come in handy on the long and windy road.



1 comment:

  1. thanks for this awesome Article. Good topic to talk about Car Number Plate.. Carplates Singapore

    ReplyDelete